As
I continue reading Liar by Justine Larbalestier
I noticed that the story is set in New York City. Most of the time there are
flashbacks of when Micah and Zach were running in Central Park. I think that
Central Park symbolizes freedom because when Micah runs with Zach it allows the
little freedom she has. It also symbolizes how peaceful life can get when you
are with someone you love. While they are running Micah feels better than when
she was at school and called names because Zach thought of her differently. In addition
Central Park is a big part of the story because that is where Zach’s body was
found.
Central
Park symbolizes many things, but I think the most important thing it symbolizes
is freedom. I think this because Micah barely had any freedom away from school
and home, in Central Park she could run freely for miles without end. Micah is
really lonely at school and at home so she runs to keep herself going. Central
Park was the only way Micah could escape from her troubles and just run to
clear her mind. It is hard for people to have such little freedom because they
would not be able to do anything. I think that people that do not have freedom
have a bad life because they cannot do anything that they want to with people
watching them.
Another
reason Central Park is a symbol in the book is that it symbolizes how peaceful
life can be. Micah is peaceful when she is in Central Park because she is with
someone she loves. She was doing something that she loved too. When she wasn’t at
Central Park her life was a ruckus. In Central Park she had time to be with
herself and the person she loved. This made Micah calm and have a peaceful life
to be in. I think that everywhere you go should be peaceful. It should not be a
place that makes your life difficult or a mess.
In
addition Central Park is a symbol in the book because it symbolizes how someone
can be such at joy by doing something as simple as running. Micah is at joy
when she goes for a run in Central park because it is the only place where she
can be happy. Everywhere else she is either made fun of or not recognized for
who she is. This makes her feel sad because she is being embarrassed because she
was different. Everyone is different in the tinniest way, but that doesn’t make
it alright to make fun of them. Central Park makes Micah be full of joy because
she is with someone she loves. I think that everyone should be happy all the
time because you should not be sad.
In
the book Liar by Justine Larbalestier
Central Park is a symbol. It is a symbol of many things in this book. It symbolizes
freedom to express one’s self, to be happy and full of joy, and how peaceful
life can be when you are with someone you love. It symbolizes many things, but I
think these are the most important things that it symbolizes.
This seems like a really good book! Although i feel like this blog post is bit repetive. You seem to talk about what Central Park is a symbol for which is a very cool thought, but maybe you can look a bit more deeply into each thought about central park and what it means in the story.
ReplyDeleteThank you and I will work on looking more deeply into each thought.
ReplyDelete