Thursday, December 1, 2011

Blog Post #8: Matched Protagonist

As I come to a finish in the book Matched by Ally Condie I noticed that Cassia, the protagonist, slowly falls in love with a boy that was not her match. She first got interested in Ky when his picture appeared on the micro card that Xander should have been on. She slowly grew closer to him and got more and more interested in him. Cassia learned a lot of things about Ky and when he was in the Outer Provinces.


Cassia is the protagonist because she has a goal to achieve. Her goal was to be with Ky because she falls in love with him. Cassia was supposed to be with Xander, but when she saw Ky she instantly thought that there was something about him. When Ky and Cassia were paired as a group for their leisure activity, hiking, they had privacy from all the Officials watching them because they were hiking in the woods. Ky would never be matched because he was an Aberration.  I think that just because someone is different it does not make the person weird.


Cassia has the right to love whoever she wants, but the Officials say that whoever they are matched to is the perfect person for them. The Officials say that you cannot be with anyone except your match. Cassia does not agree with this because she is in love with someone that she was not matched to. I agree that Cassia should be able to love whoever she wants even though it is not allowed. Why should people be controlled like this and have no right to say no to this? It is a horrible law that you cannot choose the person you love.


In conclusion Cassia is the protagonist because she fell in love with Ky and wanted to be with him, but she could not. They could be together only secretly and not in public because they would get in trouble. If they were publicly in love they would get a punishment that would be horrible.

3 comments:

  1. Interesting how you say that Cassia is the protagonist because she has a goal to achieve. But are the Officials the real antagonists? They are the ones getting in the way of the antagonist (cassia) but they dont seem to be doing it on purpose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Jackie! I really like your blog post. I like how you made it very clear as to why Cassia is the protagonist. I agree that nobody should choose who someone else should love, and I also agree that just because someone is different, it does not make them weird. Now I really want to read this book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI JACKIE :D! okay so I think that your post was really interesting and I agree with it in a lot of ways like when you said Cassia has the right to be with and love whoever she wants- that shouldn't be decided for us. You know what this book reminds me of? Romeo and Juliet because they weren't allowed to be together just like Ky and Cassia. Great job Jackie :)

    ReplyDelete