While reading the book Crossed by
Ally Condie, I noticed that Cassia is on a quest to find her love Ky. Cassia
finds out that Ky had escaped the camp he stayed at and followed him, though
she was two days late. She goes with her new found friend Indie because Indie
also wants to escape the camp. They go on a journey through the canyons of the
Outer Provinces in pursuit of Ky. As Ky runs he leaves little clues for Cassia.
He left the clues because he thought maybe one day Cassia would find him.
Cassia slowly continues on her quest of finding Ky with Indie. Indie
helped Cassia have company. She helped by many different ways. Cassia could not
have gone on the quest without Indie because she was like guidance to her. It
would have been very hard to get through the Carving if Indie was not there to
show Cassia survival skills. Cassia really wants to see her love Ky and if
Indie was not there to encourage Cassia to keep going she would have never
continued to look for Ky. I think that if Cassia keeps on going on her journey
she will find Ky sooner or later.
Soon Cassia finds out that the Society is in the Carving because she
saw that many people were killed. Cassia noticed that the rocks that are in the
canyon are so perfect. If things are perfect the Society is there because the
Society makes everything perfect. If the Society finds out that Cassia ran away
from them she would be in big trouble. Cassia still continues to look for Ky
even though she is in danger of being caught. She keeps her eyes on her goal to
see him.
It is really hard for Cassia to go on her journey to Ky, but she is
slowly progressing to her goal. I think that if Cassia tries really hard she
will find a way to get her goal. Cassia meets some good people and some bad
people on her way. The quest that Cassia is trying to complete is a hard one
because Ky is moving and it is harder for Cassia to catch up with him. Why
should Cassia have to wait to see Ky? Ky also wants to see Cassia because he
loves her.
I love quest, but I've never read this book before, and so I'm a bit confused. If Ky loves Cassia then shouldn't he escape with her, instead of having her go through all the trouble to find him? It seems to me that Ky is making it difficult for her to find him, like he is trying to escape from her? Also, if he really loves her than why would he risk Cassia's life since she could be caught by the Society? Well, overall good post.
ReplyDeleteCassia is risking her own life and Ky does not know that Cassia is looking for him.
DeleteHI JACKIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteOkay, so I liked how you gave a little summary of what you read so far, that way I could form an opinion from the text instead of solely on your opinion and interpretation of the book. I agree with you when you say "The quest that Cassia is trying to complete is a hard one..." because it's true! Cassia doesn't know where Ky is, so it's really hard for her to search for him even when she has the clues Ky left her. I think it's worth it for her to search for Ky because, how you described Cassia in your previous blog posts on the book Matched, she's really into him so it's like she'd do whatever it takes to be with him. Do you agree with me?
BYE JACKIE!!!!!
oh yeah, sorry I wrote so much :D .